- Location: Planet Earth 🌏
- Full Time Position
- Remuneration: Equity + Salary
The Unique Opportunity
JOIN THE CORE TEAM OF A TECHSTARS 2020 STARTUP
At Elanation we work to make a significant positive impact on society. Our mission is to democratise sports education whilst build the largest social network for kids globally.
Since Elanation was founded in 2016, we have had one mission – to build the world’s healthiest social network for kids. Today, 1 in 3 Internet users is a child with 170,000 new kids coming onto the Internet every single day. Sadly, 70% of kids have stopped playing youth sport by age 13, 1 in 3 is suffering from obesity and 1 in 10 from anxiety.
At Elanation we are pioneering the next generation of online social networking. Our focus on intelligent software engineering, user-centered design and data analysis transpires into a world-class product stack that fuels the positive development of mental and physical health for kids globally.
But, we need you! Elanation is gaining recognition from international brands, athletes and clubs spanning the USA, Australia, and Europe and our core team is seeking a versatile Software Development Engineer to join us. We have a special and unique opportunity for a senior software engineer to lead the technical design, development, and deployment of our products, joining our founders as a late co-founder.
We’re looking for a motivated, highly-collaborative, self-starter and team player who is comfortable owning and driving the development of new features and services. You need to own the product and act as head of technology while still writing the code yourself and be hands-on on all technology. As you grow the team, your path to get the role of the CTO or VPE is wide open.
Join a global mission
Our north star is to get 1 billion kids moving daily – and we’re already on our way 🚀
Join an award winning team
🏆 No 1 EdTech startup, Silicon Valley, GSVLabs 2020
🏆 No 1 Founder in Asia Pacific, StarCon, 2018, Winner
🏆 People’s Choice Wild Card TechCrunch Disrupt, San Francisco 2017, USA
🏆 Winner, People’s Choice, National Internet of Things Summit, October 2016, Australia
🏆 Winner, StarUP, National Internet of Things Summit, October 2016, Australia
🏆 Winner, Best Lifestyle Consumer Technology, Overseas Talent and Entrepreneurship, Beijing 2016
🏆 Winner, Australian Best Startup, Overseas Talent and Entrepreneurship Conference, APAC, July 2016
🏆 Winner, Start Up China, Winner of Chengdu Innovate, Chengdu China, 2016
Contribute to something truly magical
As a member of the Elanation team you will be collaborating with an A-class network of Olympians, athletes, corporate brands, technical advisors and more, all united by the goal of leading the world’s sports technology industry.
Are you a culture fit?
Takes ownership. Team player. Independent learner. Hands on. Still writes code (and loves it). Can have a laugh.
Can you navigate technologies such as…
Our technology stack includes many languages and frameworks. You will be contributing to all of these to deliver best user experience to our users.
- Architect, build and maintain excellent React Native applications with clean code
- Write unit and integration tests
- Complete two week sprints and participate in sprint retrospectives and daily standups.
- Assist with building estimates
- Computer Science / Software Engineering fundamentals
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Knowledge of Apple’s design principals and application interface guidelines
- Backend – Serverless Framework (Typescript, Typeorm) with MySQL database
- Amazon Web Services (ECS, RDS, Docker, ElastiCache, S3, Lambda, CloudFormation, etc.)
- Knowledge of Unity3D (optional)
- Design of RESTful API
- Video streaming best practices
Do you have the experience?
- Leading and scaling development teams from 2 to 10
- Driving a startup from startup to scale-up, 4+ years experience
- In-depth knowledge of React Native and excited about its future development
- Experience with video streaming and optimisation for large scale projects
- Released and maintained a mobile app globally with 200K+ users
- Hired fellow tech staff, built engineering processes and culture
Equity + Salary + (collaborate daily with award-winning founders and advisors)
Intrigued to learn more?
Send us project links, website, bitbucket link, CV. Whatever helps tell your story.
If you and a friend want to continue working together, lets meet you both!
Apply today (we are actively interviewing)
Email: Founder and CEO, Katherine Pace, email@example.com
EMAIL US: HELLO@ELANATION.COM